Search for files by either name or content
- Open the Nautilus file browser
- Right click anywhere within the browser and select Scripts > Find Files (see Figure 7).
Figure 7: Choose which of the Find Files options works best for your search.
- Select either "Find by Content" or "Find by Name", depending on your search requirements.
- After the find interface opens, type your search terms into the search window (see Figure 8).
Figure 8: Enter your search terms in the appropriate window.
Search for images recursively from the present directory
- Open the Nautilus file browser.
- Navigate to the top of the directory tree you would like to search. (Example: to search for all images in a users home directory, navigate to /home/[username])
- Right click anywhere within Nautilus and select Scripts > Find Files > Find Images (recursively).
- Nautilus will open a new window and create a temp directory with symlinks to all of the images found in the directory/directories you searched.
- Click 'No' when asked if you would like to delete the new temp directory (see Figure 9).
Figure 9: Click 'No' when asked if you would like to delete the temp directory.